OK, we’ve all been discussing the mind blowing finale to Lost this season. Come fall we’ll be on to the final season which will wrap everything up. (Although the producers have said that some minor questions, such as Libby’s connection to the mental asylum, might not get answered)
So here’s the question. What are your top 5 questions that must get answered next season.
1. Why do the Others kidnap children? A big point of season 1 was the kidnapping of children. Oddly despite having Ben and being amongst the Others no one has asked about the lost children. This had better be answered. I have some theories but it bugs me this hasn’t really been mentioned for some time.
2. What is the importance of Walt? I think we will see Walt again. Indeed he popped up in Locke’s pre-death recruiting of the escaped Losties. Season 1 made a big deal of Walt having some odd psychic abilities. We know Miles has some odd abilities like this. Faraday has his super-mind. What is the significance of these abilities?
3. The CIA and the Hatch. When Desmond gets convinced to manage the hatch a former CIA operative (who’d worked on Sayid) was monitoring it. He didn’t appear to have any connection to the Others. We know that there was some conflict between the Others and potentially US military people back in the 50’s around the time of the H-bomb. Presumably that’s how Dharma discovered the island. Is there a government connection?
4. The Numbers. The first two seasons the numbers had this quasi-mystic role. That’s appears downplayed of late and they haven’t appeared much beyond being put on the hatch as Hurley drove by. Those early Hurley episodes need to be explained.
5. Charlie’s Visions and the Baptism of Aaron. That episode where Charlie goes loco has always bugged me. Clearly there was some significance to what was going on. But nothing has remotely been explained.
I have other questions of course. But those are the ones I most want answers for.